Five simple tips to improve your online poker gaming skills
Online poker has lived up to everyone’s expectations to be as exciting as live poker or the conventional poker, and just like other forms of competition, one has to level up his or her online poker skills in order to climb up the rankings and be known to many as a good online poker player.
However, it is easier said than done because becoming a champion or even just a better player takes a lot of efforts and most of the time you have to learn the hard way. Just like what the old adages go, there is no one born with the exact set of skills to become a champion athlete so as being a champion poker star.
To give you a good idea how to have a good start in your journey to become a better online poker player, follow these tips that are listed below.
- Practice patience- Do not just post the blind as soon as you take your seat, you have to be extra patient when it comes to this situation. This extra blind that you are looking at is a payment that seems to be smaller compared to the average pot in an online poker room, but if you are able to compound it in a long period of time playing poker, then, it will surely create a big scratch off your bankroll.
- Familiarize the game itself- Knowing that online poker has a totally different playing environment than live poker, you should know more about the game of poker and even go beyond the rules of it. Start off by reading a beginner’s poker book, in that way, you can learn the most basic strategies that will become your foundation. It will not just save you a lot of time committing mistakes but will also save you money by having the correct notion of coming up with a sound strategy instead of contemplating.
- Practice timing- If you wait for the perfect timing, you will take control of the entire game knowing that it is very suboptimal to play if you have more than 30-percent of the hands during the game who is pre-flop. You should always seek a strong hand in every game.
- Prudence pays off- Exert prudence every time you are managing your bankroll and you should only risk the amount of money that you believe you will lose in any given situation. Initially, start by playing low limits which are affordable for you. Try by playing a fixed limit before you dive into the no-limit to learn from the ropes. You should practice dipping a toe before you completely jump into the water.
- Play fast- Being slow in online poker is a bad idea because this is one of the most notable differences between stius poker online and live poker because the former has a very quick pace in each of its game where your turn will only take a few minutes and the entire game lasts only for 15 to 30 minutes’ maximum, so you better think and decide quickly when it is your turn.